tbsp. cooking oil
cup chopped peppers
tbsp. Chili powder
tsp. Hot chili powder (optional)
lb ground beef or chicken
cans Red Beans
cans Kidney Beans
cans Tomato Puree
cans Tomato Sauce
cup shredded cheese (optional)
cup sour cream (optional)
1. Heat cooking oil in 2 quart skillet.
2. Saute onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
3. Add spices and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add meat and cook until browned. Approximately 15 minutes.
5. Pour contents of skillet into 3 quart crock pot.
6. Rinse beans and place in crockpot.
7. Open and pour Tomato puree and sauce into crock pot.
8. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
9. Serve into individual bowls and top with sour cream and cheese.
pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
oz pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
medium onion, chopped
cup chopped fresh cilantro
tablespoon Mexican-style chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon chopped garlic
tablespoon canola oil
(8-inch) soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed
Toppings: chopped radishes, fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, chopped onions, chopped jalapeño
1. Combine pork and next 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 to 24 hours.
2. Cook pork mixture in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until pork is done. Serve mixture with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cup bread crumbs
1. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.